Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Favorite Moments




Going through the trip in my mind and trying to identify my favorite moments is a hard task. There were numerous adventures and comical sayings that I will remember for the rest of my life. I would say that one of my favorite things on the trip was the people I met. We shared a bus and hotel floor with a group from Palm Bay, Florida. They were an amazing group that always had us laughing. We had come from extreme opposites. They were bundled in warm coats, hats, scarves, mittens, and hand warmers in D.C. while we thought of the experience as a break from Maine's harsh temperatures. Our Maine group was often seen in just a sweatshirt or no coat at all. Hopefully after I graduate this year I will be able to see some of them this summer. I will always hear "Palm Bay-Maine," echo in my ears whenever I think of them.
My second favorite moment was when we played a joke on Mrs. Minton. We were going into George Washington's home at Mount Vernon when Jess placed a cellphone in her mom's purse, set to the loudest rap ring tone. Then, once we got next to the tour woman, she called the phone. Mrs. Minton had no idea that it was her phone going off. Finally, once it was repeated to her several times to turn off her phone, she turned to Jess frantically, "Jess, Jess, Jess, what did you do? What did you do to my purse?" Then, Jess replied, "Mom, I can't fix your mistakes." That moment was priceless. I still laugh when I think back about the times we shared. I not only grew close to people from different states, but also the people in my own school. This was a great bonding experience and an even better way to end my senior year. Oh, and the inauguration was great, but hey, that's a given.

No comments:

Post a Comment